wahamp I am SO sorry it didn't work out how you (we) would have liked. It's 'just one of those things' as my mum would say. Bummer.
I think there's a bit of a microbiological perfect storm situation here. Chris has been working long hours then he's spent a day or two not just meeting loads of people but physically touching them. Plus the endless plane journeys. Those planes are like petri dishes! My friend, wife and baby daughter just went on a quick pre-Christmas two nighter to Vienna and all three went down with a nasty cold just after they got back. They're pretty sure they all got it on the plane rather than all the masses of people they were kissing and hugging in Austria (irony alert). Christof spends a lunatic amount of time flying.
Here's a picture to cheer us up!
"The movie came to life every time you were on the screen." Stan Lee to Chris Evans.
1. Both Mackie and Sebastian were extremely sick on Sunday. I was talking to an ACE Comic Con volunteer who said that they both wanted to cancel, but they stayed because Chris (who was apparently really sick by the end of the day on Saturday but tried to suck it up like a trouper) was sicker than they both were and they didn’t want to disappoint anyone else.
2. Tom was in the photo-op booth all day on Sunday. He was there from the start of the day (about 9:30am/10:00am) until his autograph time (about 4:00/4:30 I think) and then he was on the main stage for the panel at 6:20ish.
3. The reason Tom was doing photo-ops was because he didn’t want anyone to be disappointed. According to an ACE volunteer I was talking with, when he heard Chris was too sick to show up, he asked what he could do to help. He took pictures with people who had a single photo-op with Chris, which added an extra hour and a half to his photo-op time. He had very little time to breathe on Sunday, and he was such a trooper.
4. Hayley Atwell flew 10 hours to be there. She flew to Arizona just for ACE, and was flying home THAT NIGHT to rehearse for her play that she’s in.
5. despite all of them being tired (and some of them being sick and tired) they were all so kind and loving towards all their fans. even if you weren’t at ACE, I hope you know that your favs do genuinely love and care for you! it’s hard not to feel appreciated when they do this kind of stuff for us! for all of us! 💖💛💝